I strongly dislike Play-Doh. I don't like the way it smells. I don't like the way it feels. I don't like that it breaks off into tiny little pieces that need to be swept up off the floor. My children, however, love Play-Doh and so I keep it in the house and let them take it out to play with it at their little art table. For the most part, they are very content to open every single container, dump out the Play-Doh, and smash/mold/stamp it for a whole 10-20 minutes. They look so happy in the pictures.
What you don't see:
*Owyn taking every single tool or stamper out of Zoee's hand because he just has to use it at the same time that she is using it.
*Zoee screaming "No O!" at the top of her lungs.
*Zoee throwing the Play-Doh into the box, without being in the container or without a lid on the container.
*All the little bits of Play-Doh all over the floor that I have to clean up when they are done.
But for the 10-20 minutes of mostly happiness, it's worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment