Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lifelong Friends in the Making?

Owyn, Zoee and I went to Peoria over the weekend to see the Herkelman family.  We didn't do anything special:
*lots of play time in the basement
*new books from Barnes and Noble
*breakfast at Panera
*dinner from a favorite pasta spot
*running through the backyard in a sudden rainstorm
*catching up conversations between the mommies

On Saturday night, Owyn and Erin were reading together in Erin's bed before going to sleep.  It was mostly Erin reading, but Owyn got a few words in when he could.  I snapped this quick picture as they read.  I'm not sure what Owyn was doing with the leg, but he did ask me "Mom, did you get my leg?" after I took it. 


Owyn cried when it was time to leave, and Erin told him it would mean so much to her if he stayed.  I hope they always get along so well and enjoy one another's company.  Because their mommies would appreciate that!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe her actual words were, "Owyn, please don't go. It would mean everything to me". It will be a cute story to tell at their wedding. Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete