Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Monday, October 18, 2010

Music Together

I was looking forward to this fall when Owyn would be in school and I would have one or two mornings a week alone with Zoee.  She is getting so big and growing up so fast.  She is actually 23 months old today.  She is entering her final month of being one. I know I am fortunate to be able to work part time and stay home part time with my children, but I also feel like Zoee is growing so fast and I am missing it.  Crazy, I know! 

I also can't help but feel a bit guilty when Zoee and I are out doing something while Owyn is at school.  But I remind myself that he had my undivided attention for over two years before she was born and now it's her turn.  Even if it's only one morning a week. 

We are taking a music class on Monday mornings at 9:00.  It's called "Music Together", and it is taught by Jenny Winegarden.  Jenny and I grew up across the street from each other on Brookwood Drive, so it's fun to stay in touch with her and see her teaching.  She has a beautiful singing voice and is so good with the students in her classes.  I took Owyn when he was a baby, and I am so happy that Zoee now gets to hear Jenny sing, play the instruments, and dance around the room with other little friends.  Her favorite part, so far, is "shaky eggs" - small plastic eggs filled with sand or something that shakes like a rattle.  She is also starting to like trying out the different instruments to see how they work.  And she LOVES strumming Jenny's guitar at the end of class.  Her favorite song, the only one she ever requests for me to sing to her, is the "Hello Song" that we sing at the start of every class.



No comments:

Post a Comment