I had picked Owyn up after preschool, but we returned to Regina in time for the Hawkeye assembly because Owyn wanted to sit with his friends and Zoee has always loved Herky in the past. Today, however, Herky was obviously too close for comfort because Zoee buried her head in my shoulder whenever Herky came by us, and she made me leave the gym so that she didn't even have to look at him. And Owyn, who was excited to sit in the FRONT ROW with his friends, had his ears covered whenever the music played because it was too loud and told his Dad that there weren't any football players there. In his defense, they didn't do anything special (unlike the dance team and Herky) and they weren't in uniform.
I'm glad we went anyway. It was the first time I was able to visit Owyn's school during the school day for a non-preschool-specific assembly or event.
These guys are just a few feet from Owyn. (Note - I borrowed this picture from someone else.)
Herky is right in front of Owyn at this point.
I didn't take this picture, but Herky did get this close to Zoee. She was not impressed!


No comments:
Post a Comment