| Looking down on the pool where we spent most of our week. |
The kids and I then had to clear out the hotel room in time for our 11:00 check out. Owyn always likes to say good-bye to his hotel rooms....
| kissing the chair... |
| ...and the closet. And those were only the two things I caught picures of. The good-bye was lengthy! |
We left our bags with the doorman and walked to a shop down the street where I had seen some jewelry that I wanted to check out and hopefully purchase. While we were at the shop, Jack called.
And that call marked the start of an adventure.
Jack's team actually finished ahead of schedule this morning, which had everyone in a good mood. One guy had to catch a flight back to the states, so the plan was for Jack to ride with him to the airport and rent the car that we would need for the rest of our trip. He was planning on being back to the hotel to pick us up around noon. His call, however, was to tell me that his driver's license had expired on his birthday and they wouldn't let him rent a car. I would have to rent the car instead.
The short version of what happened next is that Jack's colleague, John, drove Jack to the hotel to pick up me and the kids and all of our stuff. Then he drove us back to the airport to the car rental, waited while I went in to get the car, unloaded all of our stuff from his car to the rental car, made sure we were all set and then said goodbye to us. He was so kind and we are grateful for his patience.
I texted my mom something along the lines of, "I have to drive. Say a prayer!" And then we were on our way. Ready for the rest of our vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment