We stopped first at La Coca Falls, an 85-foot waterfall...
| Zoee posed so sweetly in front of the waterfall.... |
| ...while the boys had to climb practically in the waterfall! |
Next stop, Yokahu Tower, a 65-foot stone lookout tower built in 1962. We climbed the interior spiral staircase of stone steps all the way to the top....
| Mt. Yunque in the background |
Our final destination for today was a 3/4 mile hike to La Mina Falls, a waterfall with a swimming hole at the base. Luckily, we brought our swimsuits...
| Hiking on Big Tree Trail |
| This rock was as far as Zoee dared to venture |
| The boys, not surprisingly, found a way to get right to the middle of the swimming hole |
| They also climbed under the bridge to the calmer side |
We even got to see some animals at La Mina Falls...
| Cats truly are EVERYWHERE in Puerto Rico! We named this one "El Gato de La Mina" |
| A rooster? When I said "I wonder how they got here", Zoee responded with a giggle, "on the trail!" |
| I discovered the biggest snail I have ever seen near the end of the hike. Good thing I was watching the ground for snakes and lizards or I would have stepped right on this guy!! |
Jack really wanted to hike to the top of Mt. Yunque, but there wasn't enough time in the day. Or energy in Zoee's legs. Or snacks in my backpack. Perhaps we'll make it there next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment