Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Thursday, November 3, 2011

School Firsts

Kindergarten Picture from September
We made it through our first school conference today with Owyn's Kindergarten teacher. 

I'm not going to lie...I was nervous!  I wasn't sure what we would hear, although I was pretty sure that Owyn is doing fine in school.  It was nice to see his first report card with so many positive comments, his first real school test results, and hear his first teacher talk about what he is like at school.  And, of course, it was nice to hear that he is doing well academically, playing well with others, and a "good friend" at school.






Here are Owyn's comments on his self-reflection sheet where he had to mark a smile face, middle face, or sad face for how he felt about each school area:

Library - smile
Writing - smile
Math - smile
Art - smile
Readiness - smile
PE - smile
Music - middle face, "takes a long time" (for the record, it's 20 minutes!)
Computer - smile
Friends - "Logan in first grade and Will G."

After his conference, I told Owyn that Mrs. Poss told us he is doing well in reading, writing, and math.  His response, with a smile on his face:  "Whew, that's good to hear."  We celebrated with a new book from the school book fair, "A Crazy Day With Cobras" from the Magic Tree House series.

Way to go, Owyn, we are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment