Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Monday, November 14, 2011

Making a Home

We have been in our house for three years now and most of our walls are still plain.  They are painted, but we have not hung many things on them.  I took a few steps over  the weekend to change that!

I saw this idea in a magazine over two years ago and wanted to do it in our family room.  I found some old frames at a second hand store, took out the glass and back, and painted two of them red to match the curtains in our family room.  Then I hung them on the wall and stuck a clear clip at the top.  

The frames now hold original artwork by Owyn and Zoee.

Next, my mom gave me an old frame that was salvaged from her parents' farm house when we moved everything out of my grandma's house in 2007.  It didn't have a frame or a back, and some parts of the wood are a bit chipped and scuffed, but I love that it used to hold a photo of my great-grandparents in a family home from long ago. 

The family tree Owyn made at the beginning of Kindergarten.




I now have a pretty space where we can display some of the beautiful artwork created by Owyn and Zoee.  I love it!







Then I was on a roll!  I loved the original artwork the kids gave Grandma Noble and Uncle Randy for their birthdays, so  I had them each paint a large canvas for our dining room.  Owyn did a CTA map complete with Lake Michigan (left), and Zoee painted "Circle Paint" (right).  On the far left is the Christmas gift Owyn brought home from Preschool last year - his hand prints with a poem. 





On the other wall are smaller canvases  with a Rainbow painted by Owyn and "Purple Dot Mix" by Zoee.







Next up:  Hanging photographs and finishing my project in the entry way!

No comments:

Post a Comment