Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tastes Like Pea Pods

I have no idea how it happened, but Owyn and Zoee are both big fans of Edamame.  They are also fans of pea pods.  Both are vegetables, both have cute little round green "peas" inside, and both can be consumed in large amounts by our children.  Although they are different in many ways, they call both of these vegetables "pea pods".  Probably because they forget or can't say "Edamame".

I purchased a bag of Edamame at the store today, and they ate over half the bag at dinner.  They are both very good at getting the soybeans out of the middle, but they each have their own technique.

Zoee puts the entire pod in her mouth and then sucks the soybeans out through the seams.  Some get smashed in the process, but most get in her mouth whole.


Love the finger pointing to the side as she tells me "First, I put it in my mouth."

Owyn, by contrast, is a popper.  He pops the soybeans out the end of the pod into his hand, and then pops from hand to mouth.  He often mis-pops, and ends up with several on the floor rather than in his mouth.



In the end, I don't care how many end up on the floor, or how they came to enjoy them.  I am happy to be raising vegetable lovers of any kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment