Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lemonade For Sale

One of my goals for the summer is to have Owyn and Zoee give back to their community in some way.  I want them to understand the concept of charity.  I want them to WANT to give to those less fortunate, and I hope that sense of charity and giving will become a lifelong goal for them.  Our June event was a lemonade and baked goods stand.  I mentioned the idea to my neighbor, and she wanted to get her children involved as well. 

So, today we did it!

We set up shop on the corner.  Our neighbor, Cate, made a sign.  We got lemonade, tea, cupcakes, muffins, and cookies assembled on the table, and then we waited. 

We had our first customer within two minutes, and several more followed.  We haven't counted all the money yet, but I am sure they raised at least $50 that they have decided to donate to Niabi Zoo. 

Although Owyn and the other boys grew bored pretty quickly and ran off to play, I am proud of their little stand.   And I'm looking forward to a trip to the zoo to share the reward with the animals!

Zoee and Cate.
Cate (age 5) really stuck with the project and seemed to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment