Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mississippi River Museum

We drove to Dubuque today to meet Jack who was participating in TOMRV, a bike ride he does every year.  Owyn, Zoee, and I visited the River Museum while we waited for Jack to arrive.  They have gotten several new displays since we were there last year. 

Checking out the giant aquarium with rays, sharks, eels, and other fish

Owyn was in charge of navigation

The new children's discovery area

Owyn's orange shirt was SOAKING WET.
And then we discovered the rain coats hanging on hooks.

Trying to pedal enough to power a water wheel

Showing Zoee the engine of the old paddle wheel boat


Driving their own boats


Manning the helm of the William S. Black


I wanted a nice picture with the river behind...

...but I got a couple of clowns instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment