Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hanging Out With Preschool

I was lucky enough to have a day off on a day when Owyn's class was taking a field trip so I got to tag along with them.  Usually Jack goes on all the field trips with Owyn, and I felt the pressure when kids asked, "Owyn, where's your Dad?"

Questions flew through my mind:
Is he more fun than me?  Do I ooze "teacher" even on my son's class field trip?  Does he tell jokes or great stories? What makes him so special? 

I still don't know the answers to those questions, but I do know that I had a great time with Owyn and his classmates at Texas Roadhouse.  We toured the kitchen and learned how they make all that yummy food.  We got to put the dough for rolls on the tray to bake.  We learned a line dance.  The kids got to enter their own orders on the computer and send it to the kitchen staff.  And we enjoyed a good lunch before heading back to school on the bus. 

I am so happy that I got to go and I look forward to the next trip. 

And I'll keep working on showing them that I'm WAY more fun than Owyn's Dad!

My three charges for the trip
Touring the kitchen

Announcing ready tables to the restaurant

Up in the saddle and ready to order
Placing his order for macaroni & cheese and applesauce

Learning the staff line dance


He informed me several times, "Mom, I don't like dancing", but he looks like he's having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment