Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Old Friend, New Friend

A friend of mine from college, Michelle, came to town for the weekend to visit.  She hasn't been here since before Zoee was born, so this was their first meeting.  Owyn, on the other hand, has met her many times.  However, their last meeting was when Owyn was 2 1/2, so clearly he would not remember her. 

I picked Michelle up from the airport on Friday.  I prepped her all the way home that Zoee would be "stand-offish", but not to take it personally.  After all, Zoee and I had this conversation only the day before:

Me:  My friend Michelle is coming tomorrow!
Zoee:  (with arms crossed and a scowl on her face) Well, I don't like that girl.
Me:  You've never met her.
Zoee:  (scowl continues)  Well, I'm not going to play with her!
Me:  That's fine because she's coming to play with Mommy.

We walked in the door from the airport, and both of my children were instantly glued to her side!  They read books and played, shared pizza and cinnamon rolls, and they fake cried and threw out kisses and "I love you" at the airport.  In between, Michelle and I got to relive an old memory - the Iowa vs. Northwestern football game! 




It's safe to say, we all had a great weekend.  And, hopefully, Michelle did not receive too much love so that she will want to visit again someday. 


A highlight of every Michelle visit:  Pagliai's Piza

My children, actually getting along!


Saying Good-Bye at the airport

Michelle even did "silly face" with them

Photo credit:  Owyn Noble

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! Michelle looks fantastic, hasn't changed a bit - I do believe I have several pics of her making 'silly faces' with some of our favorite summer campers :) So glad to hear you were able to enjoy some playtime with an old friend :)

    ReplyDelete