As soon as Owyn got home from school today, he ran upstairs to Zoee and asked her if she wanted to play with him. She did, and this was a bit of their chatter:
Owyn: Zoee, I'll be Daddy and you take me to the airport.
Zoee: Okay. (She also had several babies in her stroller and shopping cart and wanted them to go too).
Owyn: Okay, you drive me to the airport and then I'll fly to Arkansas. You can go to Chicago and ride the pink line and we'll talk on the phone. (They each had an old cell phone they were using to talk)
Zoee: Noooooo!! (insert high pitch scream here) I want to stay home!! (She ran to her room pushing a stroller and shut the door)
Owyn: Do you want to go to Florida instead?
Zoee: Nooooo!! (repeat scream) I just stay at home!
Owyn: Okay fine. I'll drive myself to the airport.
Let me clarify that they are not imitating their parents in any way.
I would NEVER choose to stay home over a trip to Chicago or Florida.
And I'm pretty sure their Daddy wouldn't let us go to either of those places without him while he has to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment