My dad is buried at St. Joseph's cemetary in Iowa City. I take Owyn and Zoee there often, and they love to play with the "decorations" around his headstone. We stopped there today, Memorial Day, to see the beautiful flags put up every year in the cemetary, and to "visit Grandpa".
I wish the visit could include hugs and kisses and hearing his laughter, but I'll have to take these new memories instead.
 |
| Owyn could not keep his hands off the whirly-gig my sister put up there in April! |
 |
| The flags look so cool! |
 |
| My cousin, Warren, passed away in December and is now buried near Dad. |
 |
| My pretty girl almost blew away in the wind! |
Alex and McKenzie were with their dad today and couldn't join us, but these were my favorite pictures from Memorial Day last year when we were all together....
 |
A basket in front of "our tree" at St. Joseph's.
This tree was planted in memory of Grandpa Spurgeon. |
No comments:
Post a Comment