Zoee has always been a little afraid of dogs and cats. We aren't sure exactly why other than the fact that she hasn't been around them.
Unlike Owyn, who was at an in home daycare from age 6-months with two big dogs and a cat, Zoee's only exposure to dogs and cats is if we happen to be at someone's house who has pets. The dogs that she has been around are typically BIG dogs, bigger than her and they like to lick, so she has naturally been a little put-off by them. As for cats, I am alergic to cats so I know that I keep my hands in and avoid cats at all costs, and I think that has transferred to Zoee as a fear rather than a precaution on my part.
Tonight we were thrilled to see her interact with our friend Robin's dog, Chloe. Zoee had met Chloe on one other occasion, and she just looked at the dog that time. Tonight, she was petting Chloe's back and face, she was up close to and talking to Chloe, and she was laughing through all of it. She called Chloe "a cute little tiny baby dog". We are hopefully optomistic that Zoee has turned a corner and maybe won't be afraid of dogs and cats, but rather cautious as she approaches them.

No comments:
Post a Comment