Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chairs For Zoee

My sweet baby girl hit two milestones this week. 

First, she finally agreed to sit on the potty chair and actually went pee on the potty!  It has taken quite a lot of convincing on our part before Zoee would even SIT on the potty, much less PEE on the potty.  She agreed several weeks ago to listen to the book "Big Girls Use the Potty".  Then she agreed to having a little potty chair in the bathroom.  Although she did inform us, several times, that she was "just looking at it".  Finally, I told her how we used to give Owyn M&Ms when he was learning how to use the potty to which she replied, "I like pink M&Ms!"  After a visit to our local candy shop, fresh out of pink M&Ms by the way, we now have a little container of purple M&Ms on a shelf in the kitchen that are especially for Zoee after she pees in the potty.  She also gets a pink sticker on her potty chart.  When the chart is full, 40 stickers, she gets to pick out a new outfit for her Bitty Baby.  So far, she has had four M&Ms and has four pink stickers on her chart.  It's progress.  Very slow progress, but we'll take it.

So proud of her first pink star!

Zoee was so proud of herself after her first successful potty experience that she had to call Daddy, Grandma Spurgeon, and Grandma Noble and tell them what a big girl she is!  When we picked Owyn up from school, she told him as well.  I was so proud of Owyn because he smiled at her and said with genuine words, "Good job, Zoee!"  When she told him about the purple M&Ms, he said, "Next time you go pee on the potty, do you want one of my pink Starburst?"  Such a proud moment for me to see him caring for her!

Zoee's second milestone of the week was an introduction to the Time-Out Chair, also known as "The Naughty Chair".  She was hitting me, not hard but I had to get the point across, so I told her she would have to sit in time out until the timer beeped (2 minutes) on the microwave clock.  She got up about seven times before she figured out that I was serious, and then sat for her two minutes.  She was back in the chair two more times on the same day.  And I have a feeling she will be a frequent visitor in the coming months.

She is not wearing a shirt because she didn't want to
put on the shirt that I had out for her.  That led to the
hitting, which led to the time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment