Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Daddy Challenge

Laura has never been away from Zoee. The one trip she took for work, she took Zoee with her. The only other time she has been away from Owyn was when Owyn and I went to Chicago for a couple of days. We decided several weeks ago that it was time that Mommy take a short vacation. She needed it and she deserved it. When we made this decision, it was over a month ago and watching the kids by myself for the weekend didn't seem quite so daunting and apparently not too scary to Laura either. The "Daddy Challenge" weekend was finally here.

Hugs and kisses from Owyn before he went to school

At the airport - a kiss...

...and a squeeze from Zoee.

One more before Mommy started crying.

Laura was going to New York City for a long weekend with her good friend Louise. They had big plans. Before Laura could go though, she packed for both Owyn and Zoee for the whole weekend. There was the bag with swimwear and goggles for Owyn's swim lessons on Thursday. There were the clothes laid out for school on Friday. There was the bag for Owyn's triathlon with snacks included for Zoee. There was the clothes bag for the overnight stay in Davenport the night before we picked her up. Obviously she was scared I couldn't handle it. And she was pretty much right. I called her at one point during her trip to ask her where she put my overnight bag. Apparently that was my job.
With all of the help I got I was able to make it through the weekend without any mishaps. Well ok, I did lose Zoee one night. Owyn and I feel asleep while reading one night leaving Zoee on her own. When I looked for her at 2:00 in the morning, I couldn't find her. Apparently she gave up trying to climb into the bed with Owyn and I (while we slept) and instead just laid down between the bed and the wall. Sorry Zoee.

No comments:

Post a Comment