All the worry. All the anticipation. All the preparation.
The first day of Kindergarten is in the books for Owyn, and he LOVED it!
Best part of his day: "playing outside"
And he made a new friend in his class already, a boy named Jude.
| Ready to walk to school. |
| And then he insisted on riding his bike instead. |
| Ready to walk into school. |
| Outside his classroom |
| And a picture with Daddy |
| His teacher, Mrs. Poss |
| And he's off... |
I signed up to volunteer in the lunch room today so I got to see Owyn in the middle of the day as well! I was happy to have at least one of my questions answered from an earlier post - he DID eat every single thing in his lunch box today!
After lunch he found his friend and neighbor, Henry, from the first grade class. I saw them briefly on the playground as I left.
We returned at 3:00 to pick Owyn up from school, and we were anxious to see how his day went and what he thought of Kindergarten. He came out with his classic smile:
And then he had this to report:
"I was accidentally in the bus line until someone saw me and knew I had my bike and got me out!"
Tragedy averted. Successful day.
| Ready to bike home. |
| Our big man is in Kindergarten! |
We finished the day at Owyn's favorite restaurant, Hu Hot, for a celebration dinner.
Although Jack and I were sad and each shed a few tears this morning as we left our little boy, the day ended up being not nearly as scary as any of us anticipated. Owyn gave us each a hug and a kiss before we left, but he was smiling and excited about the day. We all really like his teacher and are excited to see what new things Owyn will learn with her. We felt such happiness in our hearts when we saw him come out of the school with his beautiful smile, and felt proud as he waved and called "bye" to a new friend.
We are hopeful that the next 179 Kindergarten school days will start and end just as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment