Zoee has never had me all to herself for a full day where we did things she wanted to do rather than things I had to do like errands, appointments, and house chores. She has rarely been the one to choose what activities we do for fun - library, park, museums, lunch. When we go to the library or children's museum (or anywhere), we go straight to the place Owyn wants to be, and THEN (if she's lucky) we go to the place Zoee wants to be. It's the curse of being the second child, I guess. She follows in big brother's footsteps, whether she wants to or not.
But today was different! Today, the stars were aligned - I had the day off, Owyn was in school all day, I had no urgent matters to take care of, and it was a beautiful summer day. So Zoee and I played!
Next, we followed the librarian to MacBride Hall Museum for a story time field trip. We wandered through the museum and saw the giant sloth that Zoee has never seen because Owyn is afraid of it. She loved it!
We also saw the animals in mammal hall and she pointed out all the animals. "Mommy monkey, Daddy monkey, Baby monkey!" Repeat for each animal.
After the museum, a quick photo shoot with the Old Capitol...
...followed by lunch on the Pentacrest.
Finally, we headed back to the library to play on the outdoor playground. We got a surprise visit from Daddy who was on his way to lunch!
Zoee also squeezed in a much needed nap after such a fun morning full of play. She fell asleep on the way to the car, and managed to stay asleep until we got home.
I am looking forward to more days of fun with Zoee in the coming months. And I am excited to see what she thinks is fun, how she chooses to spend her days, and what new things she learns.

No comments:
Post a Comment