Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Zoee's 1st Haircut

Although NOT the first time her hair has been cut, today marks the first time Zoee cut HER OWN HAIR!  We were playing at the neighbor's house, and Zoee was upstairs with her friend, Maggie, playing nicely.  I went upstairs to see if Zoee wanted to walk up to school with me to pick up Owyn, and became immediately suspicious when I saw the long strands of hair on the carpet.  I reached out to touch her hair, and another strand pulled off into my hand.  Hmmm...

I tried hard to not appear too shocked, to not yell, and to not cry as I asked Zoee "What are you girls doing up here?"  Both girls told me they are just playing hair, and then Zoee showed me the "scissors" (really a metal nail file from Maggie's big sister's nail kit) she used to cut her hair.  I calmly told Zoee that she can pretend, but that we only let Tracy cut our hair. 

And then she cried. 

I told her that she is not in trouble, that all girls cut their own hair at least once, but to please not do it again.  Luckily, the majority of the hair she cut was from underneath so she really just gave herself some more (unnoticeable) layers.  And hopefully will remember my words to "not do it again". 


This is how much cut hair I brushed from her head after the incident.
This does not include the hair I pulled out into my hand while walking to school
to get Owyn or the hair that was lying on the neighbor's carpet.


No comments:

Post a Comment