Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Business of Movie Night

I can remember being a kid and renting a movie to watch on the vcr and tv at home.  My dad would always watch with us, but I don't remember my mom sitting still long enough to ever watch a whole movie with us.  She watched, and she knew who the characters were and what the movie was about, but I don't remember her sitting with us just WATCHING from start to finish.

Now I am a Mom, and I know why she wasn't sitting with us for an entire movie.

While my mom watched the movie with one eye and one ear, she also...

*Cleaned up the kitchen from dinner while making dinner for the next night
*Packed lunches
*Washed, dried, folded, and put away two or three loads of laundry
*Made us popcorn, in a popper not a microwave bag, and delivered it to us
*Wrote out checks to pay bills
*Went through our school papers, filled out permission slips, and tossed away the junk while saving important papers
*Maybe returned a phone call, or wrote out a card or letter

I know that she did this, and probably more, because this is what I now do while my kids are watching a movie!

Tonight's movie:  "Alice in Wonderland".  A first time see for Owyn and Zoee.

Zoee is ready to hide her eyes because
she thinks a scary part is coming

I noticed they both pick at their lips during
potentially scary parts of the movie.

My list tonight:

*Folding and putting away three loads of laundry
*Paperwork for work
*This blog post
*Packing Owyn's lunch for tomorrow
*Cleaning up the kitchen

A successful "movie night" for all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment