Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Friday, January 13, 2012

Is This China? - Zoee Quote

Zoee has recently discovered that she has "private parts".  And that she does not, in fact, have a penis like Owyn.  I decided it was time to finally tell her what she actually does have.

Zoee:  (Sitting on the floor, naked after a bath, looking at her bottom)
Me:  Zoee, those are your private parts.  Do you know what they are called?
Zoee:  You mean my butt?
Me:  Well, yes, you have a butt. Do you know what else you have?
Zoee:  A penis.
Me:  No, boys have a penis.  You are a girl.  Yours is called a vagina (I really do not like that word, by the way).
Zoee:  Oh, I know that!  That where the Herkelmans live!
Me:  No, that's called CHINA.  The Herkelmans live in China.
Zoee:  That what I said, Jina.
Me:  (struggling to not laugh).  Yes, the Herkelmans live in China and you have a vagina. 
Zoee:  (Looking up at me with a furrowed brow in extreme concentration) Wait, the Herkelmans live in my butt?

I called Becky to tell her this story and assure her that Zoee thinks of them often, even when they are all the way over there in "Jina".

No comments:

Post a Comment