Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Don't Deny Her Love!

Zoee has become very affectionate with her family lately.  She often tells us that she loves us, and pulls us in for a kiss and a hug.  This includes Owyn, although he is not always the most gracious recipient of her love. 

She was proclaiming her love in the car a couple of days ago, and it went a little something like this:

Z - I love Momma so much.
Me - I love you so much.
Z - I love O so much.
O (in a somewhat muted tone) - I don't want you to love me.

It could have been "You don't love me" out of his mouth.  I didn't hear it very well. 
But she did.
And she unleashed her rage on him!

Z (in a loud screaming voice, with her pointer finger shaking at him) - No, O, I love you so much!!

Deep breath from my little girl as she looked back to me.

Z - I love Daddy so much.
Me - Daddy loves you so much too.

I had a quick glimpse into her future when some boy or man tries to break her heart. 
It's many years away, but I think she'll be able to take care of her heart okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment