Last 4th of July, as we watched the Coralville parade, he asked "Mom, when can I be in a parade?" I told him that maybe someday he would be part of a group that has an entry in a parade, and he will have a chance at that time.
I didn't realize that THIS would be his year!
My mom has a friend who sells Usborne Books, an online and at home book company, and we own MANY Usborne books. When our friend asked for parent/child teams to walk in the parade with her and pass out bookmarks and candy, he immediately said "YES!"
I recruited Jack (because Zoee and I didn't want to walk) to walk with him in the parade, and Owyn recruited Zoee and me to collect candy for him while he walked. It all worked out well!
While Zoee and I watched the parade with my mom, my sister, and her kids, Owyn and Jack passed out bookmarks and candy, and waved to the crowds. Owyn said he had fun, although he was hot and tired after the 2 mile walk. He said he would be in a parade again, but he wants to ride on a float next time.
Somehow I think he will find a way to do just that!



No comments:
Post a Comment