We met our friends - Kiffin, Lori, and Maizie Deihl (Emma couldn't make the trip) - at Ledges State Park in Boone, Iowa on Friday night. The Deihls were there for Maizie to play in a basketball tournament, and we joined the fun.
Kiffin and Lori have a pop-up camper, and they are experts at camping. They know what food is good for camping and bring a stocked cooler, they can start a fire, and they have perfected the art of S'more making!
Owyn and Zoee had a blast playing card games in the camper with Maizie, taking a hike and playing in the creek, sleeping in our tent, eating smores, and watching Maizie play basketball. We even found time to check out the Boone Municipal Pool, which had a water slide that made Owyn's day!
| Enjoying a walk in the cool water |
| Hanging out in the tent |
| S'mores - YUM! |
We fell asleep on Friday night to Zoee's soft cries of "I want to go home. When can we go inside? I don't want to sleep in a tent." And we awoke Saturday morning to Owyn pointing out every spider crawling on the tent cover. "There's a spider. Is that on the inside? There's a spider and I think it's on the inside!"
Good times.
We were barely out of the campground on Sunday when they were both asking when we could camp with the Deihls again. It's unclear to me which part they loved the most - the food, the camper, or Maizie's full attention - but they are ready for a repeat weekend as soon as the Deihls are ready.
Although I'm sure we could talk Owyn and Zoee into a camping trip closer to home later this summer or fall, I'm sure they will remind us often that it was much more fun camping with Kiffin, Lori, and Maizie. (We missed you, Emma!)
Thanks for a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment