I found myself in a bathroom with no toilet paper today, and only one person around to help me in my time of need.
Me: Zoee, come here please.
Zoee: Coming! (running to find me)
What? (once she arrived in the bathroom)
Me: We are out of toilet paper in this bathroom. Go in the other bathroom and bring me a roll of toilet paper from the shelf.
Zoee: OK
I heard her run away, and I was pretty sure she went to the other bathroom based on how many steps she took. But she wasn't coming back. Even when I yelled for her to come back. So I had to find an alternative to toilet paper and go look for her. This is what I found as I rounded the corner...
She was bringing me toilet paper. From the roll that was attached to the wall. Slowly because it kept breaking. And when she saw me she said, "What? I was bringing this to you."
So I did what any mother would do to not crush her spirit of helpfulness. I said "Thank you, Zoee! You are such a good helper!"
And then I spent 10 minutes trying in vain to neatly twist the toilet paper back on to the roll from which it came.
And then I promptly restocked the toilet paper in the other bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment