Zoee started Preschool today at Regina! She was more excited than I thought she would be, singing and dancing about school last night and this morning. She literally ran up the street, telling the neighbor "I'm going to school!" as she passed. I watched in amazement - who is this little person and where did my baby go?
 |
| Zoee's new dress that she picked out weeks ago. |
 |
| RUNNING to school! |
 |
| Waving to me as she walks up the street |
 |
He new monkey backpack.
Yes, it is almost bigger than her! |
We have had four other "First Day Of School" days at Regina with Owyn so far, and Zoee has been there for every one of those days. Today was different, though. Today, Zoee wasn't attached to my hip, or in a stroller, or holding my hand walking home WITH me. Today, Zoee stayed.
 |
I was so proud of Owyn for helping make a big
deal of Zoee's first day. |
 |
| Hugs!! |
 |
| The Preschool Bunny Room classroom door |
I'm not going to lie, as excited as Zoee was to be heading off to school, I was deeply sad. I got choked up every time I thought about her staying at school, every time we talked about it. I cried when it was time to leave the classroom today. I cried A LOT.
However, I am so happy for her, and love that she is excited. I am relieved that she was excited rather than nervous and crying. She has been talking about all the new friends she will make and the things she hopes she gets to do - like "build a treehouse with real wood and hammers and nails!"
 |
| Off to find her cubby... |
 |
| ...and hang up her backpack. |
 |
| Zoee found our family picture hanging in her classroom! |
 |
| Signing in with one of her teachers, Lauren. |
And at 11:20 today, I will be waiting at the door ready to hang on her every word. To hear about the friends she made, the toys she played with, the snack she ate, and whether or not that treehouse plan will actually happen. And I won't be surprised if I cry. Again. Because my baby has started a new adventure that doesn't fully include me. And it's my job to let her go.
 |
| One final wave for Mommy & Daddy |
Happy First Day Of School, Baby Girl! I hope that every new year is just as exciting for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment