Today I got a glimpse of that strong, independent woman in my three year old daughter.
After leaving a birthday party for an old family friend this afternoon, my sweet baby girl made her voice heard. I'm not sure where exactly it came from, but she had a list prepared in her head of things she does not like. All of the following statements were made right in a row, at top volume, with an angry scowl on her face, while I was driving:
I do not like wearing buckles!
I do not like car seats!
I do not like leaving!
I do not like going into the grocery store!
I do not like going into Target!
I do not like riding in the car all day!
I do not like any of those things!
| Terrible picture taken on my phone in the middle of her rampage |
Me: Zoee, what do you like?
Zoee: I just like sitting in my room on my bed!
So glad we could get that resolved on this otherwise beautiful Sunday afternoon!
And, for the record, we were nowhere near a grocery store or Target, and it took us approximately 8-minutes to get to and from the party, not "all day in a car".
No comments:
Post a Comment