We headed to my cousin Tracy's house early Sunday morning. Tracy gave Owyn his first hair cut too, and I was happy she agreed to cut Zoee's hair, although I warned her that Zoee would not be very cooperative.
And she wasn't.
I tried to prepare her as we drove to Tracy's house:
Me: Zoee, Tracy is going to cut your hair today.
Zoee: No.
Me: It won't hurt. She will hold your hair (I demonstrate) and then she'll just snip off the ends with scissors. Owyn, tell her that it doesn't hurt.
Owyn: It doesn't hurt. Well, it's better than getting your head chopped off.
Me: Thanks buddy. Zoee, Mommy brought you a sucker and you can have it while Tracy cuts your hair. And then we'll go play at the park.
Zoee: Kay.
We got there. Zoee got her sucker. I sat in the chair and Zoee sat on my lap. And then she started screaming. And crying. And thrashing. And once hitting. And spitting the hair out of her mouth.
Thankfully, Tracy is a Mom of 3. And she's family so she has to love us. And she still had a smile on her face and a laugh or two at Zoee's expense.
| Just getting started. I think this is still combing. The sucker has already been thrown on the floor by this point. |
| A couple of snips off the back. We decided to just SKIP the front this time. |
| Almost done... |
| A few locks of hair for her memory basket. |
| Happy girl with pretty new hair. |
| Then Owyn decided he had to show her how it's done. He did not, despite his request, get the "Q-Ball" to match his Wii character. |
| Then she got to go to the park. |
| Another cute picture of the new cut. |
No comments:
Post a Comment