This morning we started Owyn's birthday festivities with our annual tradition of breakfast at the Hamburg Inn. Owyn blew out the candles on his birthday pancake and opened two presents. Owyn got a science laboratory from Zoee and a volcano experiment kit from Mommy and Daddy.
 |
| Zoee was happy to have some bacon. |
After breakfast, I got to go to school with Owyn and spend the morning in his classroom. They happened to be having a pancake breakfast at school too, and Owyn got to take cupcakes with Toy Story rings on top for his friends. After snack, he stood up in front of the class to share his All About Me board with pictures of himself and some of his favorite things. Daddy got to come to school for that special presentation too.
 |
His board has a picture of him as a baby, our family picture from his Christmas program,
his Christmas picture, and his picture from Thomas Town at Great America in Washington, DC. |
 |
| His teacher, Cassandra, helping him read about his favorites: Favorite color - yellow, blue, green; Favorite food - Pizza rolls; Favorite place to visit - he said Children's Museum but he wrote Chicago Science and Industry Museum; When I grow up I want to be a "tram driver"; One thing I would like to learn is "Japanese"; Favorite thing about preschool - Art. |
 |
He also took his favorite toy - the blue line of his wooden CTA trains;
and he took his favorite book - The Cat in the Hat Body Book. |
When preschool was over, we picked up Zoee and Grandma Spurgeon and went to lunch at one of Owyn's favorite restaurants, Panchero's. Then it was home for Zoee's nap, and Owyn and I played the new game Owyn got from Grandma - Kerplunk!
It was a very fun 5th birthday for our little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment