Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Central Florida Zoo

While Owyn and Jack visited another mini-golf course, Zoee and I returned to the Central Florida Zoo this morning to see the animals.  Zoee has been so excited to go to the zoo since reading that they have giraffes and that she could feed them!  We saw all the animals at the zoo, and Zoee got to feed the giraffes. 

Zoee fed sweet potatoes to Gage, a 2-year old giraffe.

She said this was one of her best days ever!

Gage is wondering where the sweet potatoes are!

"Sorry Gage, I'm out of sweet potatoes."



We closed out our visit with a train ride.


Fun with binoculars!

Zoee had another allergic reaction while we were at the zoo and ended up with hives, itchy eyes, and constant sneezing and runny nose.  I had many of the same symptoms, but hers were much worse.  We decided it must have been some plant at the zoo as it happened both days, and they were putting down fresh mulch and all the plants and flowers were in full bloom.  She was much better after some Benedryl and a few hours away from nature!  Luckily, she said she had a great day and would love to go back to feed the giraffes again, so I'm happy to hear that allergies won't scare her away from nature fun in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment