Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ray's Cleveland

Owyn has been looking forward to this day since we made the decision to head East for Spring Break.  Today he got to go to Ray's, an indoor mountain biking place in Cleveland, Ohio.  Jack and Owyn have been to the Milwaukee Ray's twice so they were so excited to try the Cleveland site. 

Admittedly, I was more than a little nervous when I dropped them off at the back door of some seemingly deserted old brick warehouse.  But I watched them walk through the door, and they spent the next 6 hours biking.  When Zoee and I returned to pick them up, they had to show us some of their favorite spots and tricks.


They got in on an instructional session with one of the guys working at Ray's, so he helped them ride "skinnies" - boards that are very narrow.  They are excited to apply what they learned when they get back to outdoor trail riding later this spring.


A little too proud of himself after
mastering the skinny board??? 

I love his look of concentration.

This is the elevator Owyn enjoyed using. He
is too little to make it go down alone, but when
Jack goes with him, it lowers. So thrilling!

Owyn fell asleep with visions of Ray's in his head.  And, of course, he is already planning his return to Cleveland and more biking adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment