Zoee is a little nervous to start the year, but she has three of her good friends in the class with her - Nora, Camilla, and Colby. She was happy to see three recesses on Mr. V's daily schedule also.
![]() |
| 1st year with her own desk! |
Owyn was very happy when he found out he would be in Mrs. Zirtzman's class, despite the fact that he is not with any of his three best friends. Owyn met Mrs. Zirtzman's 16-year old son, Daniel, over the summer when Daniel was an instructor for Owyn's Lego Robotics camps. Owyn shared that with Mrs. Zirtzman at open house so she already has a connection with him to start the year. I love the first thing she said to Owyn when she met him today as she passed him his nametag . "I really like the way you spell your name. And, I don't get much practice writing cursive capital Os, so thank you for giving me that opportunity." She spoke in such a calm tone, and she looked so confident in her classroom, that I immediately felt like this was the right place for Owyn. We are excited to see what 4th grade is all about.
Sadly, for me, we forgot to take Owyn's picture and he didn't want to go back for one later. I rushed out of Regina and headed back to Cedar Rapids to meet my own new students. I am starting my second year at Truman Elementary in Cedar Rapids, and my final year of teaching half time with my teammate and friend, Julie Meisinger. Next year, I will return to a full time assignment, hopefully in Iowa City. I hope to spend a lot of time volunteering at Regina this year as that will become more difficult once I return to full time.
While I was driving back to Cedar Rapids, Jack took the kids to Cate's Yogurt for a treat. Zoee's friend, Nora, came in with her parents who sent me these pictures later.
![]() |
| Nora is less than thrilled by this photo bomb. |
I think we are ready for the first day of school on Monday!





No comments:
Post a Comment