Blog Photo

Blog Photo
Brooklyn, NY April 2010

Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Restaurant

We checked off another item on our Summer List:  #44 - "Eat at an Iowa City restaurant new to us".  The restaurant is called Heirloom Salad Company, and it just opened this summer. 

I had been wanting to try Heirloom because the chopped salad concept is so interesting to me, but I didn't think I could get the rest of the family to go with me.  Instead, I took my mom there on June 21st as a belated birthday gift.  We split a custom made salad and a yummy pesto-chicken sandwich.

As it turns out, Jack and Zoee went with us to lunch that day which left only Owyn who hadn't tried it.  The kids and I were downtown today so we talked Owyn into eating lunch there.  The kids both had pasta and gave it two thumbs up. 



I know that I will eat there again, and I think I have the kids talked into trying it again in the near future as well.  I am so proud of all of us for trying something new!

Bonus:  Heirloom is owned by the same person who owns The Java House, our favorite downtown coffee shop.  Owyn and Zoee LOVE the cinnamon rolls at Java House, and they were able to split one today with lunch since Heirloom and Java House are housed in the same building and attached through an open doorway.  Perhaps the cinnamon rolls for lunch is the real reason they agreed to visit Heirloom again someday?

Very possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment